How Taleo, and other job application/listing sites, suck. A place of retreat for the job hunter. Got a tip? Send it to taleosucks@gmail.com.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The uninvited attachment

When you apply for a position via Taleo, they send you a pretty standard soulless form letter telling you that it was received and not to call anyone about your future.



Lovely...hey, what's that extra icon?

Well apparently it's an attachment, and if you click on the attachment, it's basically just an html file that has the exact same text in it.

I'm not sure why that's necessary, or why it's only Taleo that insists on sending me this crap file I don't need--particularly since there's nothing particularly ornamental or complex in design about this email, which is perfectly fine as plain text.

It does lead to this however:



Now I'll be the first to admit, I have Eudora set to keep attachments even if I delete the email. And right now it'll take me just seconds to blow out the detritus of those 47 other failed attempts at applying to one company or another.

But why does this have to be this way? I don't get crap attachments from any other company that sends me email.

For the most part.

No comments: